Notice is hereby given pursuant to Section 89 (6) of the Local Government Act 1972 that a Casual Vacancy exists on Stithians Parish Council.
The Parish Council must now co-opt a suitably qualified person to serve as Councillor
Any person wishing to be considered for co-option should contact the Clerk, Mrs Jane E Richards
By email on firstname.lastname@example.org
or in writing to:
Please state in your application why you are interested in joining the Council and the skills and experience that you have that you think would be relevant and beneficial.
To be considered you must satisfy the following criteria:
- Be at least 18 years of age on the day you are co-opted
- Be a British citizen, a qualifying citizen of a Commonwealth country
You must also meet at least one of the four following qualifications on the day you are co-opted:
- Be registered as a local government elector for Stithians Parish.
- Have occupied as owner or tenant any land or premises in Stithians Parish during the whole of the 12 months before the day you are co-opted
- Have had your main or only place of work during the last 12 months in the local authority area in which you are standing
- Have lived in the parish Stithians or within three miles (4.8 kilometres) of the parish during the whole of the last 12 months.
You may not be able to become a Councillor if you:
- Hold a paid office, or other place of profit, of the Council
- If you have been declared bankrupt within 12 months
- If you have been imprisoned for 3 months or more within the last 5 years
- If you have been convicted of any offences involving corrupt or illegal practices
- If you have been convicted for failure to register or declare disclosable interests
You may also consult with the Chairman or any current Councillor for more information regarding the work of the Council and its constituent members.
Download a copy of this notice.
Closing Date for Applications: Monday 12th September 2022